Restore Your Smile With Dental Implants at Franklinville Dental
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. If you have one or more missing teeth, you probably feel self-conscious in public and when talking to others. And missing teeth don’t just affect your confidence—they can have a negative impact on your oral health as well, leading to other dental problems. Luckily, dental implants are an effective solution.
Not only are dental implants the only permanent solution for tooth replacement, but they have an extremely high rate of patient satisfaction. Dr. Todd Gottlieb and the rest of our team will be happy to help you restore your smile here in our Franklinville, NJ office. Read on to learn more about this restorative dentistry procedure.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a popular tooth replacement solution for patients with missing or severely damaged teeth. They’re high-tech artificial teeth that look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. Made of biocompatible titanium, dental implants are custom-crafted to provide effective and long-term results.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
There are numerous advantages to receiving dental implants from Franklinville Dental.. Some of the top functions of implants include:
- Restores your bite. Dental implants are anchored into your jaw with a titanium post that replaces the tooth root, allowing you to bite with more force than before.
- Enables natural speech. Missing teeth can affect your ability to pronounce words correctly. Implants restore your ability to speak clearly and easily.
- Prevents bone loss. Dental implants support jaw bone stimulation needed to maintain healthy jaw mass.
- Prevents cavities. Dental implants are composed of a material that doesn’t decay, which prevents cavities from forming.
- Supports adjacent teeth. Dental implants can fill in gaps that cause teeth to shift positions and misalign your jaw. .
Dental Implants vs. Mini Dental Implants
Dental implants are one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures. They’re made of tooth-like materials that are permanently attached to your gums, acting as replacement teeth. This is different from porcelain veneers, which are simply porcelain coverings over your real teeth.
Dental implants are similar to dentures, but since they’re permanently fixed to your gums, they’re not removable.
Mini dental implants have the same structure as regular implants, but they’re smaller. They’re also made of a one-piece screw that’s less than 3mm in diameter, unlike conventional dental implants. If you lost a tooth due to injury, tooth decay, or any other reason, dental implants can help restore your smile beautifully.
The Dental Implant Procedure
If dental implants are right for you, we can start the dental implant procedure right away. Implant placement is typically completed in two visits, although this will depend on your individual circumstances.
Here is the typical dental implant procedure:
- If you have a tooth in place that you are replacing, that tooth will be extracted.
- Next, an incision is made in your gums, and the dental implant will be inserted. Once your implant is stable enough, Dr. Gottlieb will place an abutment on top of the implant. This connects the implant to your crown. Local anesthesia is used for this procedure, and you shouldn’t feel anything other than some pressure.
- When your gums have been given enough time to heal, you’ll return for your permanent implant placement. The implant functions just like a natural tooth, so it will be permanently screwed into the abutment.
The entire process takes a few months, and it has a very high rate of patient satisfaction.
Caring For Dental Implants
After you receive your new dental implant, Dr. Gottlieb will provide you with after-care tips. Since your implants will function like replacement teeth, long-term care simply involves staying on top of your oral hygiene. Brush and floss your teeth twice a day, visit our office twice a year for routine cleanings and check-ups, and pay close attention to the way your mouth feels. If you participate in contact sports or grind your teeth at night, Dr. Gottlieb may recommend a mouthguard.
Custom Dental Implants at Franklinville Dental
Curious about dental implants? Call us at (856) 202-3456 to set up a consultation at our Franklinville office. We look forward to meeting you!
Dental Implants FAQs
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants are designed to be permanent tooth replacements. With proper dental care, your implants can last a lifetime. Just make sure to practice good oral hygiene habits and visit our office twice a year for cleanings and check-ups.
Is the dental implant procedure painful?
No, the dental implant procedure is not painful. While you may experience some discomfort during or after the procedure, Dr. Gottlieb will numb the area first so you don’t feel any pain. If you feel some soreness when the numbing agent wears off, you can manage it with over-the-counter pain medication. Any discomfort you feel should only last a few days.
Will my dental insurance cover dental implants?
Dental implants can be considered restorative dentistry, so your dental insurance may cover a portion of the cost. Our team will go over your options with you before your procedure, and you may wish to call your dental insurance company for any clarification you need.
How do I take care of my dental implants?
A dental implant serves as a replacement tooth, so you’ll want to care for it the same way you care for the rest of your teeth. Brush your teeth twice daily, floss daily, and visit our office for regular check-ups. If you participate in contact sports, wear a mouthguard to prevent injuries.